What is lupus (SLE)?
Imagine your immune system getting over-active and instead of protecting you, it attacks you. There are good days, bad days and really bad days. You'll never know.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Passing of 2 Kim ....

My 2 Kim passed away on Friday. She was 66.

Definition of 2 Kim, Wife to my Mom's younger brother, 'second' son of the family - thus the '2' Kim, in short, an 'Aunt'. I remember learning to memorise title of each and every aunties / uncles, now that I've grown-up I realise all these numerical + titles make so much sense! We, Chinese, very clever one, indeed!

Imagine instead of Auntie Julie, we say 2 Kim, immediately the whole 'family tree' comes into the picture. No need to explain how A and B are related. In short, keeps nosy strangers very happy .. :)

Anyway, back to my 2 Kim.
Am I close to her?
I don't know. I feel close to her with her SMS'es'.
(She was very good at texting and her use of SMS abbreviation puts mine to shame! Honestly!)
When I was having my chicken pox, she sent me text message on 'what to do or not to do'. I like her SMS'es', they were lovely and sweet.
However when in person, I do not even know how to start a conversation. I tried then I gave up. I just let it be, thinking that there will be 'one day' .  My only regret, I should have tried harder.

Again, Am I close to her?
Considering that I imagined in my mind SMS'ing' her when my pregnancy pass its first trimester ..
I guess, we are 'sort-of-close' .. through data frequency ...

Rest well 2 Kim.



No comments:

Post a Comment