What is lupus (SLE)?
Imagine your immune system getting over-active and instead of protecting you, it attacks you. There are good days, bad days and really bad days. You'll never know.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) & Lupus Take # 1

First of all, let me get this straight - I'm not endorsing MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane).
So, whatever my opinion on this blog is solely mine.
It may sux, it may work - I don't know.


I've done sufficient research to give it a try, plus, I've seen it working for my hubby (hopefully it will continue to work for him).

I tried my first 500mg of MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) on Thursday 24/2/11 as I've been having this nagging on and off headache for a couple of days. Did not want to dose myself with more paracetamol as my last ALT test was slightly elevated.


Woke up on Friday morning and headache was gone. Too early to say anything really. It could all be in "my weirdo mind" ... like they say "mind over matter" (with lupus, it never worked, the "mine over matter" thingy). I plan to start slow, 500mg, twice a day, morning and evening.


It is now Saturday evening, so far, I've seen improvement in headache and surprise, surprise, my left knee feels better, I went up the stairs without slowing down! :) Still, too early to say if these positive effects will be lasting.


One very weird thing though. I'm feeling very sleepy!!! It is like my body is forcing me to sleep!! Not sure if it is normal with MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) though.

No comments:

Post a Comment